Due to its lightweight nature, variety of extensions, and support from Microsoft, Visual Studio Code has emerged as the most popular code editor in the world. For web developers, we’ll take a look at the top must-have Visual Studio Code extensions and how they promote efficiency and speed.
- This extension allows you to launch a local development server with life reloads support, so you can see your changes in real-time as you edit your files. This is especially useful for web developers, who often need to work with multiple files and see how their changes affect the overall project. With Live Server, you can make changes to your code and see the results immediately, without manually refreshing the page or stopping and starting the server.
- This extension automatically formats your code according to a consistent style, saving you time and effort. Many developers find it difficult to maintain a consistent coding style, especially when working in teams or on large projects. Prettier takes care of this for you, automatically formatting your code to match a set of predefined rules. This not only makes your code more readable and consistent but also helps to reduce the risk of errors and makes it easier to work with others.
Debugger for Chrome
ES7 React/Redux/GraphQL/React-Native snippets
Bracket Pair Colorizer
- This extension adds color to matching brackets in your code, making it easier to see which brackets belong together and reducing the risk of errors. When writing complex code, it can be easy to lose track of which brackets belong together. The Bracket Pair Colorizer extension solves this problem by adding color to matching brackets, making it easy to see which brackets are related and reducing the risk of errors.
Material Icon Theme
- This extension adds material design icons to your files, allowing you to easily identify different file types. Material design is a popular design system developed by Google, and this extension brings the same visual style to your Visual Studio Code editor. It adds material design icons to your files, making it easier to see at a glance what type of file you’re working with.
- This extension autocompletes filenames in your code, making it easier to navigate and work with your project. When working with large and complex projects, it can be difficult to remember the exact names of all your files and folders. The Path Intellisense extension solves this problem by automatically suggesting filenames as you type, making it easier to navigate and work with your project.
Live Sass Compiler
- This extension automatically compiles your Sass files to CSS, so you can see your changes in real-time without having to compile your code manually. Sass is a popular CSS preprocessor that allows you to write more powerful and efficient stylesheets. The Live Sass Compiler extension automatically compiles your Sass files to CSS as you edit them, so you can see your changes in real-time without having to manually run a compiler.
IntelliSense for CSS class names in HTML
- This extension provides auto-completion for CSS class names in your HTML, making it easier to work with large and complex stylesheets. This can be a huge time-saver, as it allows you to quickly and easily insert the names of your CSS classes without having to remember or look up their exact spelling and syntax.
Auto Rename Tag
- This extension automatically renames matching HTML/XML tags, so you don’t have to update them manually. This can be a huge time-saver, especially when working with large and complex HTML/XML documents, as it allows you to quickly and easily keep your tags consistent and properly nested without having to update them manually.
- This extension allows you to collaborate on code in real time with other developers. This can be a powerful tool for teams, as it allows multiple developers to work on the same codebase simultaneously, making it easier to share ideas, troubleshoot problems, and collaborate on projects.
Auto Close Tag
- This extension automatically renames matching HTML/XML tags, so you don’t have to update them manually.
Note: These are just a few examples of popular Visual Studio Code extensions for web developers. There are many more available, and the best ones for you may depend on your specific needs and preferences.
Read More :
- what is a monoplane
- Airports Authority of India has released 400+ Air Traffic Control (ATC) Junior Executive posts
- Solid Propellant Rockets
- Free Udemy Courses
If you liked this article about Best Visual Studio Code Extensions for Web Developers, then please subscribe to our Newsletter for More Articles about aeronautical engineering. You can also find us on Instagram, Whatsapp, and Telegram.